Saturday, November 26, 2011

Katy Perry as Marilyn Monroe in Planned Broadway Musical

The movie, My Week with Marilyn is still being screened in US cinemas, but already producer Harvey Weinstein has his eye on his best candidate to play the Marilyn Monroe role for the Broadway musical version of the said movie: Katy Perry.



Weisntein said, "If the movie works, I would try to make it a musical and I would go to Katy first," Weinstein told me this morning. "I think she can play Marilyn on the Broadway stage...I think she would be amazing."



A remix of Perry's hit The One That Got Away is being used in a new trailer for My Week With Marilyn.

And Weinstein wants to see her reprising the role nightly: 'If 'My Week with Marilyn' is successful, at some point, five years, ten years from now, I think Katy would be perfect to play Marilyn Monroe ... on Broadway, sing those songs, do the dances,.'

Brokeback Mountain actress Williams is tipped to receive her third Oscar nomination for her portrayal of Monroe in the film.

'I mean Michelle could do it. Michelle is so good she could do it live, if she ever wanted to do it.

I don't know if she would ever want to revisit it, but Katy would blow it out of the universe, and that's the kind of Broadway show I'd like to make,' Weinstein added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...